The revolutionary new 2010 Yamaha YZ450F is taking a step on the wild side by turning the engine around backwards. By turning the engine around backwards and reverting the intake and exhaust ports the YZ450F allows for a better balanced motorcycle. This combined with the new aluminum Bilateral Beam frame ans suspension provides excellent feedback to the rider. Add fuel injection to the mix with combined with the GYTR® Power Tuner lets bike tuners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps allowing you to tune the bike to the conditions. So is backwards the new way forward?
All New for the 2010 Yamaha YZF450F
- YZ450F’s new rearward-slanted cylinder is a revolutionary advancement that achieves unmatched mass centralization, concentrating inertial mass toward the center of the machine. This bold new design also swaps traditional intake and exhaust positions, putting the lightweight airbox and throttle body out front. This contributes to mass centralization for nimble handling while also achieving a straight intake tract for superb combustion efficiency that delivers more power.
- The cylinder is offset so the connecting rod is vertical at the moment of greatest combustion force, minimizing piston friction against the cylinder wall that could rob power. That means quicker response.
- The new 4-titanium valve cylinder head is matched to a fuel injection system developed specifically for the YZ450F. Instantly adapts to changing air/fuel mixtures depending on altitude and temperature, for an engine that delivers no matter what conditions.
- The all-new aluminum Bilateral Beam frame provides a superb rigidity balance that complements the engine for unmatched lightweight handling and cornering. The result? The best cornering, most nimble 450F for all track conditions.
- Revamped looks deliver new-generation styling, including front and rear fenders, intake cover, front fork protector, and number plate, along with the fuel tank and seat.
- Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets bike tuners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and track conditions.
Engine type Liquid cooled 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, rear ward slanting single cylinder
Displacement 449.7 cc
Bore x stroke 97.0 x 60.8 mm
Compression ratio 12.5 : 1
Lubrication system Dry sump
Fuel System FI
Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc
Ignition system Full Transistor
Starter system Kick
Transmission system Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission Gear
Fuel tank capacity 6 L
Oil tank capacity 1.2 L
Chassis: Bilateral Beam frame
Front suspension system Telescopic forks
Front travel 310 mm
Rear suspension system Swingarm (link suspension)
Rear travel 312 mm
Caster angle 26° 47′
Trail 117.5 mm
Front brake Single disc, Ø 250 mm
Rear brake Single disc, Ø 245 mm
Front tyre 80/100-21 51M
Rear tyre 110/90-19 62M
Length 2,191 mm
Width 825 mm
Height 1,311 mm
Seat height 999 mm
Wheel base 1,487 mm
Minimum ground clearance 383 mm
Wet weight 111.9 kg
$8,090 (White/Red) Available from Oct/Nov 2009
$7,990 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from Oct/Nov 2009
The Yamaha YZF450F Official Movie
2010 Yamaha YZF450F Technical Movie